Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Pinch Me Please

I am hoarse and tired from teaching this morning. The children would not shut up!

And I realized that this is a great, wonderful thing!

I was trying to teach them about Ethics of Duty and they just blabbered on and on and asked question after question! I'm so proud of them!

The goal in my ethics class is to teach college students how to think and question things. Well, let the questioning begin!

For their final assignment in the class, they need to take a stance on a current issue and defend it using the philosophies we've discussed. One group wants to defend gay marriage, another group wants to defend marriage between a man and a woman. I told them that they had to present their arguments using more than just religion, and more than just emotion. They needed to bring in several types of arguments. And they're all for it! I'm so excited to hear their views expressed in a polite, well-researched fashion. I've never seen students so excited to get to the library to research!

First rehearsal for Poe show is on Friday. I must memorize.

I've lost 10 pounds.

It's not a lot--but it's a good start!

I have a green dress that I bought at the beginning of the summer that now looks great! (I haven't worn it out of my bedroom because it's a clinger. Hate the clingers.)

I love my job. Love my body. Love my art. Love love love love love everything.

And as for men or love--could take or leave it! I have the new Ingrid Michaelson cd and she fills me up with such wonderful joy, I almost forget that there's a guy that I might still like, who might be in Europe right now, and might not be home for two weeks--and who knows if he'll even be remotely interested in me when he gets back. I almost forget this!

No really--the cd is THAT good!!

4 comments:

Miss Heather said...

You are so awesome! I love your place in life right now. You don't need to be pinched... ENJOY it! :)

Smashie Smasherton said...

I am ALSO enjoying Ingrid's new CD! Woot!

Eve said...

Isn't it great! I love "Men of Snow" and "The Chain".

Sunshine said...

Freaking awesome! 10 pounds is great... for anyone! Keep up the good work and the happy attitude! Love ya GIRLIE!