Sunday, September 27, 2009


Yesterday I woke up at 11am. Now don't get mad or jealous and think "Eve is totally lazy! She slept in, she gets to sleep in until 11am!" Friday night I drove to Waynesboro for rehearsal, rehearsed until 1am, and drove back to DC. That's 5 hours driving.... Followed by falling into bed at 4am.

I was in the kitchen, wandering around like a zombie when my friend called and asked me if I wanted to go to a baseball game. I said, "Sure!" (Because I like going to baseball games.) He said, "Great! I'll be over to pick you up in 30 minutes!"

I croaked "Great!" into the phone, and then ran upstairs to try and shower myself awake!

Luckily, he was 20 minutes late so I was able to use that time to obsess over different outfits. Dressing for a baseball game is difficult. You can't look too dressed up or you're a freak--but who wants to specifically dress down? That's not fun at all. I wanted to wear my hair down, but I was sweating like a pig because I was running around like crazy. So, up it went.

When he got there, he said, "You got pretty for a baseball game?" Which I interpreted as, "You look pretty!" And I smiled and said, "Yes! What are you going to do about it?" And he smiled and we went to get into his awesome Volvo.

We took the metro to the game. The Nationals were playing the Braves. The rain came down. The Nationals were losing. But--we had hotdogs and great conversation. I had a great time.

After the game, we rode into DC and walked around the National Book Fair on the Mall.

It was a wonderful date. I had a great time.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds like fun! :)

Crystal said...

Eleven?! HAH! I got up from 5-9 then I stayed in bed till one. I was a little embarrassed, but what ev. I deserved that sleep!

The new stadium (it is new, right?!) looks fun! I hope the Nat's start winning soon!

c

Miss Heather said...

So... just wanted to tell you that I saw the most amazing production of The Scarlet Pimpernel at Hale Centre Theatre yesterday... and it made me think of you because I wished you were there watching it. It was amazing and fantastical and is my new favorite Broadway soundtrack. :)

And I'm glad you had a date with a cute boy!! :)

And I will never think you're lazy because I LOVE SLEEPING IN!!

Ace said...

Baseball game dates are always the best. I would do them all the time if I could. ;) Glad you had fun dear friend.