Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My New Week

I feel better.

I kinda like how an illness forces you to take a vacation. Granted, I sincerely thought I was going to die at a couple of different points. With most illnesses, there's a few moments of pain and a wash of fatigue. With this thing, there was constant acute pain, exhaustion, and non-stop fever from Sunday through Wednesday. I've never been so sick that I absolutely had to sleep for at least two days. But I could only sleep for 30 minutes at a time. I will stop boring you with these details. Suffice it to say, I'm better!! Yippee!!

I feel like a different person now. I've lost 12 pounds. And I don't want to ruin things by eating more--so I'm hoping that I can continue on this path of minimal calories.

Tonight I had a great time closing the restaurant. I'm back to my strength!

Highlights of the week:
1. Figuring out how to use the DVR! (Yay for tv!!)
2. Seeing the apple pie my grandma just made and knowing that I will eat some for breakfast tomorrow as a "healthy" breakfast.
3. Closing the restaurant tonight for the first time by myself without hitch. (Part of this involved figuring out how to lock the back door with a stick since the regular "key" was nowhere to be found. Go me!)
4. Visiting with Melanie and Ben Sunday night! And dear Melissa Leilani! And Heather! (Seriously, Sunday night was a tiny slice of heaven for me.)
5. Eating Ben's roast Sunday night. Yummy.
6. Eating Ben's oatmeal cookies Sunday night. Yummy yum.
7. Only gaining 1 pound Monday morning after Sunday night's eating fest.
8. Scrubbing the bathroom floor for my Grandma.
9. Chasing after my Grandma as she tried to haul giant pruned branches from the yard to the trailer. The woman is 80 years old and I had to run to make sure that she didn't over exert herself. She cracks me up.
10. Coming closer to figuring out that being poor doesn't mean that I'm a loser.

So far, it's been a great week!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

We had a pretty fabulous night too! Thank you for coming all the way down to see us. I feel SO much better after our talk.