Tuesday, October 19, 2010

October Resolutions

So, in my effort to turn the corner, here's a list of things I'm going to do (or not do).

1) I will stop kissing guys on the first date.
2) I will stop kissing guys just because I feel like kissing a guy.
3) I will date guys that I might actually want to have a relationship with--and stop dating them just because they're a) really really good looking and b)I know that we'd have a fun time making out.
4) I will believe that it is possible to find a guy that would make a good husband.
5) I will allow myself to hope for such a guy, and finally...
6) I will stop settling.

Kissing is fun. I have to believe that I will not be alone for the rest of my life.

I have to believe that if I hold out--someone will actually be there. Someone really really cool. I don't even care about really really good looking. I just want a guy smart enough to get that I'm a catch and that he shouldn't take my love for granted.

hmmmmm.... Perhaps I'm still settling. He needs to be funny too. And he needs to have an awesome testimony of the gospel.

4 comments:

Bri said...

You must be all up in my brain, darling because I was having a very similar talk with myself just this morning!

(I kissed a boy last week because he has a beard. A lovely, soft beard. Which are my favorite things in all of the world but after having a heart to heart with myself, I realized that that was probably not the best thing to do.)

You've got a lot of love in you, Eve and I know you'll find someone who just can't get enough of how incredible you are!

(I miss you lots, by the way.)

Eve said...

I love beards.
I have kissed 5 different guys in the past month. This is not cool. I told myself that rather than resent not being on the other side of the fence, that I would find the green on my side of the fence, but I think I've had my share of green grass. And now I shall enter nun mode. Or rather, none mode. As in, I ain't gettin' none. And I'm gonna conduct myself like a little nun.

CMS said...

Where is the "like" button!? Kissing is fun, but loses its apeal after marriage, sadly...

Bri said...

Oh goodness, Crystal. Don't say that! Haha I'll never get married now... But I do know what you mean, Eve. Let's get ourselves some habits and sing on the tops of hills!