Sunday, June 16, 2013

Good Men and Great Fathers

So you remember how I said on Mother's Day that I really don't see the need to wish me a Happy Mother's Day since I haven't had any kids and mothers with kiddos deserve all the props? Well, today I'm going to wish a Happy Father's Day to all the good men in my life who, whether they have children or not, are good fathers.

I want to wish a Happy Fathers Day to my two dads today first. Brent and John. (I am so lucky!) I want to give my love to my Popop. I want to give a heavenly salute to my Grandpa Jon. I never knew you, but I sure like your daughter.

I want to thank the good bosses I've had over the years. John Bozeman gave me my job teaching at Stratford University and expanded my teaching experiences over three years. Stephan Ross is a joy to work for now--and a great friend!

I want to give a shout out to the good dads I see among my friends. I love the way you post pictures of your kids, the way you go out of your way to be with your kids and how you shape your lives around them. I am so impressed with your dedication. Your worry lines and quick smiles speak of the constant thought you give to your role as father.

And finally, I want to give a shout out to my friends who are like me-- not yet fathers, but amazing men none the less. That qualities of being a father reside in you. With every show you direct, or group of people you take hiking, or service expedition you organize. Every time you visit a friend in need, or fix someone's car, or share a piece of a wisdom that you gleaned. Every time you give up a Saturday morning to move furniture, or counsel with a young relative, or cook up a tasty dinner--you're channeling that inner father.

I am so blessed to know such good men. You make the world a better place. We are all blessed to know you.

Today I am grateful for good men and this beautiful Father's Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.