Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Consequences of Faith

Yesterday, I attended the baptism of a friend--Frank.

After the baptism, while he and the missionary who baptized him were getting into dry clothes, we watched a video on Joseph Smith's first vision. As I watched it, a few thoughts came to my mind. I jotted them down. Here they are!

I believe it is our willingness to believe in the miraculous that makes us a delightful people.

That willingness to believe extends into every facet of our lives. We take chances, we have faith in ourselves, and our families, our careers, despite all evidence to the contrary.

The story of Joseph Smith is at the root of what separates our doctrine from other Christian doctrines. And our willingness to believe in modern day miracles and visions is what sets us apart as a people from the rest of the world.

No comments: