Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Last night we talked about politics and propaganda in World Literature. I wish it would have been a better discussion, but everyone kept stating the obvious and then moving on. I really need to come up with better questions. The content of this class intrigues me, but discussing literature for 4.5 hours is just stupid. People stop being interested. It's easier to stretch Ethics. Somehow people perk up when you're talking about religion or killing mothers and presidents.

We ended things earlier than I had planned, despite my best efforts.

So I went to the movies. I need to not think right now. I need to not process my life. I'm living in this vague and numb limbo place in my mind. So long as I'm working, and not thinking, I'm fine. So I read books, go to shows and keep the tv on. I just don't want to be alone with myself in my mind.
I'm going to pull out of this funk eventually, but right now, I just want to float. I'm not sure that's a good way to describe this. I don't WANT to do anything--but I'm going to float. It seems the lesser of two evils. Or rather, the easiest choice.

Oh well.

No comments: