Monday, August 25, 2008

Meat

Today we barbecued. It was a great day for meat!

I dug out all the old meat in the freezer and marinated it in a teriyaki ginger marinade. Then my roommate CJ and I had 4 hot and hungry men over for dinner. We all devoured the meat without blinking. I ate chicken, a burger and a hot dog.

It was incredible.  The meat anyway. I feel very good about myself right now. I am smart and beautiful. I have a lot of great things going for me. But, despite my advantages, I am never quite sure what to say to boys. I do well when I'm working with guys, but when I'm talking to them on a social level--I have a serious lack of confidence. I watch my roommate flirt so easily with the guys. I blabber about politics and nerdy philosophies. One of the guys was as nerdy as I was, and I gazed at him in adoration--but he's as clueless as I am when it comes to flirting.  

How on earth do you married people make this happen??

I am so clueless!

It just seems like a miracle to me. I have a hard time knowing what to talk about when there isn't an assigned topic of discussion--like a work subject, or a common project to talk about. 

So, here's a list of questions I'm going to ask the next time I'm "socializing" with really hot guys:

1) How are you doing?
2) What do you think of the weather? Pretty hot, eh? 
3) Do you like to read? 
4) What is your favorite vegetable?
5) If you could be any animal, what would it be?

Questions to avoid:

1) Have I told you about my cramps?
2) Are you a democrat or a republican?
3) How many kids do you want?
4) Do I look fat in this shirt?
5) Can I touch your face?

I'm working on it. I will be a dating pro in the blink of an eye! I will be a social genius! No, better, I will be in a happy relationship where I can ask all the stupid questions I want--and he will laugh at me and enjoy my "idiosyncrosies". And then we'll go make-out where it won't matter that I don't know what to talk about. 

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Humm, you of all people are speechless when it comes to flirting. Well, at least I know there is something you aren't good at :0 :-) Love your guts!!!!