Saturday, May 23, 2009

Cutie Pies


These are my favorite little boys. I was there at their parent's wedding. I fed little Peyton with the little straw on the pinky because his mama was too sick too nurse. I love these little boys so much! I got to spend the night with them last night. We were all up late laughing and talking. It was a bit of heaven.

Robin and Carl are amazing people in Iowa City. Robin works at the U of I in the psychology labs researching the cause of fear. Her research will eventually lead to treatment of trauma victims. Carl is a German grad student and stay at home dad. They are a wonderful example of two parents who work together to raise happy kids. They both have made choices that show their kids that they are the priority. We talked about how other parents in their ward criticize them because Robin works, but I love that they choose to do what is right for their family.

It's not that I don't think it's right for the mom to be at home with the kids, when that is possible--but I love it when both parents have the opportunity to spend time with the kids because the dad isn't having to work 80 hours a week. Both parents should participate in raising kids--not just one. And that's not possible if one parent is overworked. Also, the boys see how well Carl treats their mother--and they are kind and sweet boys because of the influence of their father.

Such good people!!

And they're smart.

I can't tell you how much I love and respect this family!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Amen, sista. Boys need their daddy as much as their mommy. What a great little family!