Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It Takes a Woman

My next two weeks consist of creating final exams and grading them, grading final papers for 5 classes, and getting 5 syllabis ready for the new quarter to start on May 26th. Somewhere in the middle of all that, I'm off to Iowa to put on a little concert.

In an effort to keep on top of things, my day began at 10:30am, and it's now 2:20am. I have been going non-stop.

I prepared my syllabus for ENG 320, typed up 3/4 of the Final for American Experience, prepared a lecture on WWII and the Civil Rights Movement, corrected quizzes for two classes, went grocery shopping, fixed the broken wireless connection, and taught a great class tonight. We had a lot of fun discussing the effects of the development of the Atomic bomb on the rest of our century, and the evolution of the Civil Rights Movement. The students were interjecting with questions and comments throughout the 4 hour lecture. We had a wonderful time!

I am bound and determined to stay on top of my tasks this week! I am prepared for long days and longer nights.

On a lighter note, please enjoy this lovely clip from one of my favorite movies of all time. My favorite line is "And so she'll work until infinity, three cheers for femininity!" I hope my efforts over the next two weeks will earn the praise of Mr. Horace Vandergelder.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

hehehe...that's great! And yes, Casey was the guy at the theatre. I try not to put my friend's name's in my blog, but it's not a huge deal, I mean, he's on tv and in the paper all the time anyway. ;)

Thanks for your kind words.

Connie said...

I love Hello Dolly. It is one of my favorites too. I haven't seen it for so long. That makes me want to watch it tonight. Good luck in the next couple of weeks.

Sunshine said...

Good luck with everything? Sounds like you are on a roll, oh and you need to call me! I got your message, I was at my in-laws for the weekend. so... call me....

Clarissa Jane said...

i just LOVE this!!