Saturday, May 16, 2009

Preparation Overload

I have spent the day inside the house. I went out to get the mail, but that was it.

Today I finished the take home final for the World Cultures class. I am relieved that I will never have to do that again. Except that I will because I need to reassess what chapters I really want to cover in next quarters class. Ugggh. that's a whole new beast of work.

I have to speak in church tomorrow on "Provident Living". I know. Many of you are chuckling to yourself. This is possibly the worst topic for me to speak on. The only thing worse would be speaking on Priesthood Responsibilities. Actually, that might be a cool topic.

I wrote a nice 10 minute talk. And I have since scrapped it because it is just too academic.

I am going to rewrite it, but I need a break.

After I finish the talk, I'm going to prepare my relief society lesson on Forgiveness.

I was supposed to go dancing at Adams-Morgan tonight, but after spending the day reading about Provident Living, I felt guilty about spending money to go clubbing. So instead, I'm at home with my books and my computer.

I am hopeful that this talk will come together and that I will be able to share the principles of Provident Living in a way that will inspire everyone in the room to want to improve their lives--but right now, I'm still in the wilderness of preparation.

And as for the lesson on Forgiveness. . . I'm gonna have to get up early tomorrow and pray that the sisters are feeling talkative. This might be a problem since I'm usually the talkative one.

My brain hurts.

3 comments:

Miss Heather said...

Ha ha ha!! I'm teaching our Relief Society lesson on Forgiveness tomorrow too!! :) How awesome we are preparing the same lesson!! We had a sacrament meeting a few weeks ago on provident living. Somehow we all left feeling like we're horrible people for being in debt. Make sure your talk isn't a guilt trip (our Elder's Quorum presidency spoke on it in our ward and it was... interesting... and not so great). LOVE YOU!

Miss Heather said...

Oh and you need to update your blog roll with our new blog address... then you won't forget to read it! :)

Alicia said...

You should post your talk here when you get it written - I'd love to read it. I need some nourishment b/c I am always coloring with Ema during Sacrament. I never seem to catch anything. Tomorrow is Stake Conf. and I am really really considering sleeping in. So post it.