Friday, May 15, 2009

Working from Home

The sounds of construction, banging and drilling, and landscaping, buzzing and thwacking--fill the air. I went out onto the deck to see what was going on and caught a look at several workers on the roof of the condo next door.

I'm sitting on the couch in my night shirt watching Bones. The doorbell rings. Sadey comes downstairs in her flannel pants and tee shirt. She too is working from home. She's upstairs watching 30 Rock. Because she is wearing pants, she answers the door.

The roofers explain that they need to redo our roof as well, and that we need to move our cars.

And so I sit in my pjs, watching tv, while hardworking construction workers fix my roof.

I am feeling a little like a spoiled princess right now.

We live a charmed life me and Sadey Sue. A charmed life.

I'm glad I'm not a roofer. Or a landscaper.

And I will get some actual work done--but after I've watched the seasons finales of the shows I missed while I was teaching last night.

2 comments:

Miss Heather said...

Did you watch the season finale of Bones? I'm freaking out!!

Eve said...

OF course! But, why the freak out? I don't really get what's happening I guess. Elaborate for me, if you will.