Thursday, September 26, 2013

Lady Bane Cannot Sing Herself To Sleep

As you can see, I'm in bed right now. I was planning on snuggling under the covers and playing a couple of the rehearsal tracks Ben recorded for me last night. (shameless plug:concert at Le Jardin on Friday, Nov 8th)  But I realized I can't sing myself to sleep anymore.

When I was a kid, I used to sing to myself and pray a casting agent was listening outside my window. I was a weird kid.

But no more. Now I look like Bane. Or rather, Lady Bane. Yes, Lady Bane--Pink Breath of Death.

But I can breathe and I sleep through the night now. A joy I never had until a couple years ago. I thought everyone woke up five times a night.

Today I'm grateful for the lovely opportunity to sing out on the morning.
And for sleep. Delicious sleep.

No comments: