Thursday, September 19, 2013

My New Home

I am unpacked. All is well. 

I can't find my ipod charger cord, but I'll find it. 

So here's a little tour of my life as a single 35 year old woman. 



 This is the view from the storage facility I manage. 



 This is the sun shining through the trees just outside my new apartment. 

Every day I drive under this bridge of greenery. 


This is my living room. I have a sheet covering up the covered glass window... but it's a nice sheet! The painting of Van Gogh's Sunflowers was given to me by my grandmother. She had it in her homes all over the world for over 50 years. It is wonderful to be able to hang it in my living room today. 

 Another Van Gogh over my little desk and next to the new TV. 

My dear friend Kirsi helped me hang my shiny green curtains. 



 My little dining area. Books with family and mission pictures, and a beautiful plant my mom gave me that has somehow survived living with me.

 This is my bedroom. Zebra sheets and the flaming orange wall and the painting of the ships at sunset. My friend Christi made the pillow cases.
My grandma gave me these pictures of my parents from their wedding day. 

They've been divorced for almost 25 years. 

No one in the world cares about these wedding pictures--except for me and my brother Matthew. My mom and step-dad--Brent--have been happily married for 22 years. My dad will always be in love with Elaine, his love of many years.  But on a whim, I decided to put the pictures on my bedside table.  I am touched by their love, their youth, their hope, and the fact that despite the dissolution of their marriage--they both continue to support me and love me. 
I am so blessed to have such loving parents. 

In addition to their wedding pictures, I have a photo of Brent smiling at me (he's been a wonderful father to me since I was 12) and on the wall, I hung a picture of the Biblical hero, Esther. 
 She reminds me that one woman has the power to save a nation. 

So that's it. 

There's a kitchen--but it's uninteresting.  Except for the meal I have cooking in the slow cooker. 

And the bathroom... But who wants to see a bathroom?

I love my home. 

I love my life. 

Friends and loved ones are welcome!

Oh! Here's one last picture of my bedroom--showing the giant bookshelf. 



No comments: