Friday, July 18, 2008

In America


I've been showing In America in my English classes this week.

I have been working on editing a giant thesis all day and I can't find the right words to describe how much this movie means to me.

It's about an Irish family who come to America and to rediscover the magic they lost when they're young son dies. I watched this with my father and wept.

If you just want to laugh and cry and become overwhelmed with the beauty of this world, watch this movie.

I believe I have never been quite so cliche in all my life--but it's been a long day!!

Just watch the stinking movie and I'll write something more intelligent later. The movie speaks for itself.

1 comment:

Aili said...

I love this movie! Especially the part where the little girl sings "Desperado," which is a song I ordinarily do NOT like.