Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Navy Memorial


"Damn the torpedoes--full speed ahead!"


Today I went to the Navy Memorial.


This is a statue of a guy in the Navy. He looks like he'd be a nice man to be on a boat with.


The Navy Memorial has a lot of water. I think it might be symbolic of the sea.

Look! More water!! It's awfully pretty!


This girl is trying to touch the water. She looked nice. So I decided to go over and talk to her.


She asked me how to make a wish in a fountain. She thought you had to touch the water. I pulled out two pennies, and the two of us made a wish. I had to explain to her that you couldn't talk about your wish with anyone. She took a while to make her wish, but then threw her penny in the fountain. Her dad was deaf. I really enjoyed meeting the two of them.
She's kinda cute. To say the least.

No comments: