A few days ago my mom and I were talking on the phone. Here's the conversation:
Mom: I hope you don't mind if I . . .
Me: What is it?
Mom: I think that you should make a list of all the qualities that you want in a companion.
Me: So this isn't about losing weight?
Mom: No. It's important to make a list of qualities that you want in a man, and then the man you want will come along!
Me: Well, all right.
(In my head): Is that all? Well, gee golly! How did I miss that nifty trick!
Me: Well, gee, the traffic is pretty bad, so I'm gonna hang up now.
I don't tell her what's in my head because her regular response to such negativity is that she has been married 2x, while I have been married 0x. I don't question her infinite wisdom. So, here's the list:
1. Makes me laugh
2. Makes me think (yes it is all about me!! Read the name of the blog!)
3. Seeks to make the world a better place (read: Liberal)
4. Encourages my relationship with God.
5. Takes care of himself. (this might be interpreted as "good looking"--but I would never blatantly profess my shallow side--so I'll just say--"I hope he doesn't stink.")
6. Ambitious and passionate about his life.
7. Makes enough money to be content. (I'm not gonna anyone's sugar mama!)
8. Is kind and sensitive to the needs of those around him. (translation: notices when the dishes need to be done and when the garbage stinks.)
9. is striving. (aren't we all? Anyone who doesn't feel like they need to keep working is deluded.)
10. Curious. (because they're interesting! And what have I said about being bored??)
11. He has a quality about him that inspires others. a kind of quiet leadership.
This last one is almost intangible--but I'm attracted to powerful men. It's not a popularity thing, it's just that some men have a quality that makes everyone in the room come closer. I want this.
12. He loves the Lord, himself, and his family. This one seems like a given, but my mother has made me superstitious--so I shall state the obvious.
Thank you mother. I love you too.