Sunday, January 11, 2009

1 Week of Hell. Bring it.

I have a lot of time on my hands this week. This is good and bad. I prefer to dwell on the good.

The good thing is that I have a lot more time than I had planned, which means that I have time to put myself through a serious boot camp. A rehabilitation, if you will.

I hate dieting because I'm always looking toward the end result. I can't handle knowing that the end is unforeseeable. So, I'm going to proclaim the end. I am going to have a week unlike all other weeks this week. Just 1 week. And after this week, I will be done.

This week will be one of the hardest weeks of my life. I expect to struggle. I expect to gnash my teeth and be in a royally pissy mood. If drug addicts can make it through rehab--then I can make it through 1 week!!

This week I will do the following:
1) Wake up at 8am every day. (don't laugh--this is hard.)
2) Work out for 1 hour every day.
3) No processed sugar.
4) No food after 7pm.
5) Eat 3 fruits and 3 veggies every day.
6) Read scriptures everyday--2 chapters.
7) Go to bed by midnight.

These are regular rules for most people.

Normally--
1) I wake up at noonish.
2) I talk myself out of going to the gym.
3) I eat candy like it is going out of style. So much candy.
4) I don't eat before 3pm, and eat constantly after 10pm.
5) I never eat fruit and veggies.
6) I forget to read scriptures.
7) I go to bed by 4am.

Horrible people!! This is horrible!! How did I pick up such horrible habits!!

Aristotle teaches that a man can change his character through the development of habits that will lead to virtues. Muslims teach belief, action, and virtue. If you believe, you act, and those actions will lead you to perfection. I have to stop thinking about things and just do it.

I realize that this will seem impossible tomorrow and I will hate everything about this. But it will end. It will end in one week. 1 week!!!

I can do it. Bring on the headache. Bring on the mood swings. Bring. It. On.

4 comments:

Sunshine said...

Good luck! Way to set goals and follow through.

Miss Heather said...

Besides the 4am thing... and the candy thing... your life sounds exactly like mine lately! I just don't eat (and no, that doesn't cause weight loss). But I sleep in until noon every day, do nothing all day and go to bed around 2am. I should do a week of hell too!

You are my hero!!

Melissa said...

You go girl! You can do it! :)

Russ and Katie Olsen Family said...

You can do it! I know you can- and you know you can too! There- something to ponder while at the gym...