Saturday, January 10, 2009

Locker Room Lessons

I went to the gym today. (yay me!)

It's interesting the things that you learn in the locker room. Women walk around in various states of undress. The oldest women are the most naked. They could care less. They flaunt their wrinkly old skin like it's going out of style. The young pretty things, are always dressed.

The thing that I noticed is that certain kinds of clothing look good on about 2 percent of women. Swimsuits, biker shorts, etc. But the women who look great in these oddly fitting clothes--look very strange naked. But then there are women who just DO NOT look good in bathingsuits--but they look great naked.

Designers have created clothes that look good on this uncommonly thin body. But that body isn't necessarily the best looking body when left to it's own. The skinny girl looks good with the one-piece suit on, but the regular looking girl looks good naked. Strange. I never realized this before.

And so I have decided to forego clothing altogether.

Just kidding. That would be weird. And I don't really put myself in the same category as "regular". I would be "above regular". Or "super regular".

Just some odd thoughts on locker rooms.

Why is it that the skinniest girls are the most modest? It drives me crazy that the skinniest girls in the party are the first to say, "I can't take off my cover up!" at the beach. Stupid. stupid.

In other skinny news, my one roommate is getting married, so she's leaving her candy around for others to eat. And my other roommate has given up sugar in order to get skinnier. Guess who's eating it all?

2 comments:

Miss Heather said...

I loved this post!! You rock!! And I think you look fabulous in "various states of undress"!! And eat ALL that candy, baby!!

Crystal said...

Ah! You know, I am such a dork... I got dressed in the stall at the gym. Two reasons... 1) students and 2) I am way shy about the mondo-boobage.

I do (now that I am mormon) stare way more at scantily clad people now. I remember going to the Merkeley's and EVERYONE staring at Livia when she pulled off a towel to get in the pool. Talk about weird...

anyway, you are gorgeous, you should know that! Naked is fine outside the shower, but I ain't going there. You haven't seen horror until you've seen naked, 2 c-sectioned body.