Friday, January 16, 2009

BRHS Choir



This is a clip from Bear River High School's choir. My little brother Nick is a tenor in the choir.

I am pretty proud of him, and the choir! Brian D. Petersen is the director. He started teaching when I was a senior in high school. He's an amazing conductor and arranger. This is his arrangement of "Once in Royal David's City".

This whole uploading thing is taking forever!

Meanwhile, I'll talk about what I did today:

1) I got a second job! I would hardly call it a job--but it will help me to fulfill my need to do service and to get out of the house in the morning. Teaching night classes is kind of throwing me off. I don't HAVE to leave the house until 5pm. This is kind of damaging to my soul right now. I need a reason to leave the house in the morning.

I decided to nanny for a woman in the stake with 4 little kids. I am going to go over to her house for 3 hours, 4 days a week. Her name is Jenny Oaks Baker. I used to listen to her violin cd while on my mission. She's wonderful! She needs to practice everyday and with 4 little kids, that becomes difficult. So, I'm going to watch her kids and tidy things up for her. I'll make a little extra dough, and I feel like I'm helping out a busy mom! (It alleviates the guilt I feel when I sit lamenting in my boredom as I read everyone's posts about how crazy busy motherhood is.)

2) I also taught my first Theatre Appreciation class. This is proving to be a difficult class for me. I never actually took a Theatre Appreciation class. I didn't need to! I was majoring in Theatre. I have to make sure that I don't use the 3 hours of class to just ramble on about what I love about theatre. This could be a VERY boring class if I don't watch it with the reminiscing.

3) I'm trying to take control of the freezing to death thing. I bought two electric heaters, and 4 towels. I taped the towels to the window cracks and Sarah and I hung plastic on the big window in the basement. I hate windows. They seem soooo pretty. So pretty. (vile, maniacal, evil windows!!)

4) I started to post a blog with a video.

Hey it's done!! Wahoo!

2 comments:

Ace said...

I remember this song!! I had Mr. Peterson my sophmore year of high school--right before he moved up to Bear River. I heard it at our Christmas Concert and have loved it ever since. What a trip down memory lane this post was!

Alicia said...

Seriously? You're a nanny for Jenny Oaks *Baker*. How cool is that?