Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Finding My Way

I've been reading Lao Tse's words this week. Why? Because. It's nice to contemplate something new and simple.

Here are some of my favorites:

He who knows much about others may be learned, but he who understands himself is more intelligent. He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.

Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment.

Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them-that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.

One who is too insistent on his own views, finds few to agree with him.


There is more, but I'm too lazy to go and find more.

I really like this stuff. I love the power that words have to soothe and inspire.

No comments: