Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday Thoughts

Sunday afternoon thoughts:

It's too cold.

I need to read scriptures.

I'm so glad I didn't eat my tuna melt last night at the restaurant because it tastes so good in my belly right now!

My girls in young women are incredible. They started a new program that they call "warm and fuzzies". They made this jar where other girls can drop compliments in the jar and every week we can read some of the compliments in class. As the girls stood to describe it, they said, (keep in mind these are 15 and 16 year old girls) "The world defines beauty so narrowly, but our divine nature makes all of us beautiful people. We want to use this as a means to remember our worth, so that when we're feeling down or less than, we can regain our confidence and remember our divine nature."

Helloooo!! Oh my word.

So yeah, those are the young women in my ward.

I had a wonderful, amazing day yesterday. A very cute guy drove all the way from DC to see the show and we had a great time driving home together. Nothing like a 4 hour drive (with several stops along the way) to get to know someone better.

Mission accomplished.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm glad your play went well, and that you got to have a car date on the way home. :) I loved being a leader in Young Women too. I'm still rather bummed that I got released, and that happened almost 6 months ago! I REALLY like the warm fuzzy idea. If I was still a leader I would put it up as an idea...hmm...maybe I'll still mention it to one of them. :)