Monday, October 5, 2009

Very Blessed


This weekend was lovely. I pushed myself to the brink this week--Friday night I collapsed, unshowered and exhausted on my bed. I watched some hulu and just chilled out.

My roommate Sarah was having a party--and I slowly made my way towards the shower so I could get ready to go downstairs and be a little social. It was good to meet the people that she went to Guatamala with. Then Clay and I went to a movie, but didn't make it to the movie. Instead, we went to dinner. After dinner, we came back to the party and I hung out with the dregs of the party until 2:30am, when Marcia and I took Sarah and pals to the Chinatown bus.

On Saturday, I was knocked out by the announcement that Brigham City is getting a temple!! I called my mom--because my family is in Tremonton--and this is the closest we'll ever get to having a temple in Tremonton. When I called, she picked up the phone and immediately said, "Why aren't you watching conference?" Clearly she wasn't watching conference or she'd know exactly why I was calling her!! Ha ha!

Saturday afternoon, a few people came over to watch conference and enjoy some porkchops. Then a couple of girls and I went and saw the new movie Bright Star

What a wonderful movie!!! It's rated PG and it is delightful.

Go see it!

This morning, I enjoyed a wonderful breakfast with Bill and we watched the morning session together. Bill is a great friend. We will never be more than friends--which made the morning incredibly relaxed. After that, I spent the afternoon with Christina. And tonight, I had eggplant parmesan with Sam and Audi.

I feel very blessed. Sometimes you just need to be cradled, to be supported and loved. I feel incredibly cradled right now. I spent the weekend with friends who offered me support and love. And the talks that I heard, when I wasn't crashed out--were wonderful. I can't wait to listen to them this week.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That movie looks SO GOOD! Unfortunately it is only playing in SLC...that I could find...hmm...maybe it will be a huge hit and finally come to the theatres that are closer to me. Hey, I can dream right? It's happened before...

It sounds like you had a very enjoyable weekend!