Saturday, October 17, 2009

The magic of motels

I'm in Roanoke, VA staying in a wonderful motel. The sheets are white and crisp and clean. The shower was heaven and I am luxuriating in the morning.

We opened the show in Floyd last night after doing a great workshop at the local high school. It was a great day.

Last night, we drove up to Roanoke and tonight we're performing at the Dumas. But more than anything--I have enjoyed a morning to myself. It's been an incredibly long and busy last two weeks. I didn't realize how 24/7 my life has been lately. But this morning, everything just calmed down.

I had a lot of concerns running through my mind last night. My brain would not shut up!

I woke up this morning and just decided that today is going to be one of the best days of my life.

I decided this as I cuddled into the soft sheets.

And so I woke up, took a long shower. I am curling my hair, wearing a hot outfit. I'm going to wear too much make-up and feel like a hottie patottie.

Because today WILL BE an amazing day.

The end.

No comments: