Wednesday, November 4, 2009

All Things Girly

Without realizing it, I've taken this Blog into a very Girly realm.

Feminism, Young Women, Being Single . . .

Interesting . . .

Things I am doing that aren't girly:

I am currently reading the book Sea of Faith: Islam and Christianity in the Medieval Mediterranean World by Stephen O'Shea.

I watch Family Guy far too regularly. It is stupid and offensive and it makes me giggle.

I didn't put on a spec of make-up this morning. (Granted I brought the make-up with me and when I find the a private moment--the eyeliner will go on.)

I tortured my class by making them read John McCain's essay against torture in English today.

I watched Sons of Anarchy last night.

While all these things have officially balanced my spirit a bit--I am going to appease the daughter within by going to see Ingrid Michaelson tonight in Baltimore and on Saturday I will watch the incomparable Cate Blanchett play Blanche DuBois at the Kennedy Center.

The woman in me is smiling.

1 comment:

Miss Heather said...

I'm completely, unabashadly and unashamed-ly addicted to Family Guy for the same reason you are... because it just makes me giggle. And I need a good giggle once and a while.