Monday, November 30, 2009

Bri in DC

I'm draining, draining. (See Eddie Izzard's bit about laundry. . .)

I should be asleep--but I slept in for a very long time. And now, even though I've taken Nyquil--I'm still awake.

I am thinking about canceling class tomorrow night, but I think I'll be fine tomorrow night. (And it takes so much energy to send emails out to all the students.)

Yesterday Bri came up to visit. She was supposed to be there at 3pm, but at 10am, I got a phone call saying, "I'm in the parking lot!" (She woke up early. Who does that??)

I still felt sick, but I was so happy to see her!

We had such a wonderful day. We went to the movies, to dinner, and we hit two clubs. It was so great to just be out and about. I wore a red dress, knee high boots, a jean jacket, and black leggings. I felt splendid! And Bri is gorgeous. It was very nice because neither one of us were out to meet anybody, we just wanted to go out and dance. Period. Guys were scoping us out, and one even offered to buy us both drinks--but we were both there to just enjoy the music and enjoy being alive, without worrying about what anybody thought of us.

I loved our talks. I just love her. I felt like she understood everything I've been feeling lately. We were able to vent and have fun at the same time. Being with her yesterday, I felt myself breathe a giant sigh. I have been racking my brain trying to figure out if I should stay in DC or not. I feel like wherever I go, it will be the same everywhere. I feel this need to find more joy in DC. And I feel like yesterday, I did just that. We started off at K Street Lounge. It was nice, but a little too pretentious. For some odd reason, everyone was dressed in black and white. (I totally missed that memo.) And rather than dancing, they posed. Glass in one hand, cock the hip, throw the look. And switch hands, cock the hip, wave the pinky. This was not my favorite dance. So we left!

We walked down the street to the Tattoo Bar. It was great! No cover charge! The DJ was fabulous. He mixed great old school music with today's top 40. Some people were in jeans, some were in great formal clubwear. Everyone was relaxed and having a great time. We're definitely going back.

We got home late and I fell into bed at about 3am. (Clearly, this is not a "how to get over the common cold" blog.)


I woke up this morning feeling horribly sick. But, (pardon my corny clichee) emotionally, it was just what the doctor ordered. :)

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I love Bri! I am glad you guys had fun together. Bria has it together and I am still shocked when I realize HOW MUCH she has it together and how young she is. Love that girl so much!

Anyway, you need to feel better.