Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ingrid--Part 1


Last night was heavenly--sort of. I've seen Ingrid before and it was clear that there were some difficulties.

1st--Allie was sick. The last time I saw Ingrid Michaelson, it felt like most of the songs were duets between Ingrid and Allie, and you could tell the loss of Allie was a big bummer.

2nd--There were sooo many teeny boppers who came with every song memorized. Now, I love Ingrid, and I came to hear Ingrid--not the guy behind me belting out harmonies. I kid you not--during "The Chain"--he literally sang the 3rd round that Allie would have sung. It was driving me batty!!

But Ingrid made it all good. She sang some songs no one knew--and rewrote the words to others so the little cherubs would shut up!

She gave clear "call and response" directions to try and keep it under control, but during the song "Maybe"--the crowd literally started singing before she did and she started laughing. So, she sang another version of the song. As the show went on, the whole situation got complete surreal.

I have too much to write about this. I'm gonna just put up some pics and talk about the pics.

No comments: