Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

I have so much to be grateful for.

It's amazing how life twists and turns so that you can have these amazing experiences with so many wonderful people.

It's incredibly moving to think back on all the lives I've had the privilege to be a part of.

I am so grateful for all the people in my life.

Here's a brief list of things that come to mind right now:

lunch on the terrace with CJ
driving through Manhattan with Mikey
laughing with Mom and Dad
Notes from Sadey
Acting with Lesley
Singing with Dad and Matt
Comforting texts from Crystal
Driving with Clay
Sharing books and music with Marcia
Planning Reunions with the Sistahs
Sending packages to Angelina
Reading my students' journals
Watching toddlers' run at the Follmers
Comments from wonderful friends!

I could go on and on. I think of specific little examples of how you and you have sent me a message at the perfect time. Words can't describe how important the little things are in life.

I wish I could be more than I am--but it's comforting to know that I am loved in spite of all my weaknesses.

I am grateful for love.

I am grateful for late nights in prayer when I get to feel the love of God.
And I'm grateful for late nights when I get to pass that love on to others.
That is what life is all about.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Miss Heather said...

I'm so thankful for you, Eve. Having you back in my life for the last couple of years has been nothing but amazing, beneficial and wonderful. I adore you!

Eve said...

I'm thankful for you Heather! I can't wait to see you!