Friday, November 13, 2009

Balm

Musical Playlist for today:

Chris Thile: If You're Gonna Leave Me (Set me up with one of your friends)
Seldom Scene: Lies (From the Once Soundtrack)
Ingrid Michaelson: Creep
Ingrid Michaelson: Be OK
Fiona Apple: Never is a Promise
Fiona Apple: The Way Things Are
King Curly: All I Want is Happiness
My Chemical Romance: This is How I Disappear
The Decembrists: The Bagman's Gambit
Ryan Adams: Come Pick Me Up
Amy Winehouse: My Tears Dry On Their Own

And most of the songs on Ingrid's album Everybody because it is perfection for a girl who is sick of everything and just wants to be ticked off today.

It's hard to do though when there are good friends who call and who listen and care.

Good emo music makes you feel less like a drama queen though. It's good for the soul to hear someone else sing out with emotion. It makes you feel less alone, less weird, less damaged somehow.

It gives you something to smile about. Weird isn't it? Listening to miserable music all day somehow makes things better.

The same stories may play themselves out over and over again--but at least I can sing out with great musicians as I scrub the kitchen in my pjs. (In between watching Bones and Grey's Anatomy on hulu of course!)

4 comments:

Aili said...

I just wanted to tell you that I think you are super and beautiful and awesome.

And that boys are dumb.

The end.

:)

Also, the nonsense CAPTCHA I have to type to post this is "ungorati" which really should be a real word and mean something. Like a secret society of people who refuse to become gourmands.

Eve said...

You're a dear. I have no clue what the last paragraph means--at all! But I'm racing to your livejournal to see if I can unveil anything!

Aili said...

CAPTCHA is the series of nonsense letters that blogger makes me type before I'm allowed to post a comment on your blog (to make sure I'm not a spamming robot). Sometimes they sound to me like real words, but usually they're nonsense. You've seen these, right?

The one that I have to type right now is "bless," which is rather sweet. Bless you!

Eve said...

ahhhh perfect! Thank you!
i've decided to become as unfunctioning as humanly possible--without getting fired of course. I have 0 expectations for myself right now. It's lovely and freeing. Thanks for being wonderful.