Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Attraction

Guys and girls have such different ways of seeing themselves.

Men choose careers based on how they believe others will see them. How many guys do you know look at being a lawyer because it seems like a good profession--even if they have no interest in the law at all? When you look at what a lawyer does--it seems so incredibly boring! Who would choose it?! But people do all the time--and it's because they think they will be more attractive to the opposite sex.

Women hate their bodies because they don't look like supermodels. But when I think about it--what's the fun in grabbing at a bony body? It just seems so . . . crunchy. I might not look as good in a mini-skirt--but I like my soft body. And I think guys do too.

Girls appreciate a guy who chooses to do something because he loves it. If a guy is passionate about science, and he chooses to teach high school chemistry--that is very attractive! Sure, he'll never make much money. But, he'll be home and he'll be happy!

Guys appreciate a girl who loves her body. All women are beautiful. All women. We were created to be the fairer sex, and no matter what we might think about ourselves--we are beautiful creatures and we should act like it. I'm sure guys appreciate it when girls can feel their own inner beauty and they (the guys) don't have to constantly remind the girls of how beautiful they are.

I'm always shocked when a guy thinks his self-worth is tied up in his career. I wonder if guys feel the same way about women who think they're ugly because they put on a few pounds. Probably. (I hope so.)

I went out with a lawyer last night who was very nice, but he sure thought a lot of himself. He was a high powered attorney and he had a huge ego. I had fun, but he wasn't nearly as funny as other guys I've been out with. But because of his job, he thought very highly of himself. I'm sure that very beautiful women often feel like they don't have to be as interesting because their looks make up for their lack in personality.

I don't agree with that. Having a great body, or having a great job is no excuse for not being interesting. Read a book. Read an article. Show interest in the other person's thoughts.

And for you guys who are wondering if you should become a doctor or work as a UPS delivery guy--if you love your shorts and the fact that you spend your days walking and greeting people--be the UPS delivery guy! Those shorts are hot!

And that's how Evey sees it.

PS: The lawyer was incredibly nice and this isn't to disparage him at all. I had a great time!

1 comment:

Ace said...

I agree. My friend Dallan and I had a conversation about this very subject. We both felt that we like people who are passionate about something (not THEMSELVES, mind you). We didn't mind what they were passionate about...just as long as they were interested in something.