Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Joss Whedon Has Destroyed My Ability to Settle in Love



Best Way to Tell a Woman You Love Her
 100 plus years and there’s only one thing I’ve ever been sure of. You. I’m not asking you for anything. When I say I love you, it’s not because I want you or because I can’t have you. It has nothing to do with me. I love what you are. What you do. How you try. I’ve seen your kindness and your strength. I’ve seen the best and the worst of you. And I understand with perfect clarity exactly what you are. You’re a hell of a woman. You’re the one (insert name).


A Love Letter to the Human Race
There was this other apocalypse this one time. And well, I took off.
I guess I was kind of new to being around humans before. Now I’ve seen a lot more, gotten to know people.  I’ve seen what they’re capable of.  I guess I just realized how amazingly screwed up they all are. I mean really really screwed up in a monumental fashion. They have no purpose that unites them,  so They just drift around, blundering through life until they die. Which they know is coming and yet every single one of them is surprised when it happens. They’re incapable of thinking about what they want beyond the moment.They kill each other which is clearly insane. And yet here’s the thing. When it’s something that really matters, they fight.I mean, they’re lame morons for fighting, but they do. They never, never quit. So I guess I will keep fighting too.

A Love Letter to My Sisters
Here’s the part where you make a choice. What if you could have that power now? I say we change the rule. I say my power, should be our power. From now on, every girl in the world, who might be a slayer, will be a slayer. Every girl who could have the power, will have the power--can’t stand up, will stand up. Slayers, everyone of us. Make your choice. Are you ready to be strong?

This isn't the first post of adoration for Buffy and Joss. It won't be the last. 

Today, I'm grateful for great writing, being a woman in a world where Joss Whedon writes about heroic women, and Netflix. 

No comments: