Thursday, July 18, 2013

My Aching Back

I'm in a lot of pain right now. My back is holding too much tension.

I'm just really stressed out.

My arm has been tingling and I'm sick of popping pain pills. Today, I got a massage and went to the chiropractor. My back was on fire with every touch. She spent the whole hour working on just my back and pectorals. I tried breathing through the pain--but every touch was fire. I felt so much better after though--but I've done some real damage. I'm carrying my stress in my muscles and it's reaking havoc on me. Afterwards, I went to the chiropractor.  He said my back was a mess. Because it is. He popped it in several places though--and I was really glad I had taken the time to get the massage beforehand. My left arm is still kind of tingly, but I'm feeling better.

Mainly, I'm just happy I was able to take a moment to care for myself today. I've got to figure out a way to relieve stress that doesn't involve food.

Today I'm grateful for a good massage therapist and a great chiropractor.  She was a good fill in for my normal favorite massage therapist, Emily Anderson. That girl has magic hands. 

I would be very grateful if I could somehow release this tension into the ethos.

Stress.... be gone!

Ala peanut butter sandwich!

Shazam!

No comments: