Friday, January 18, 2013

Bountiful Blessings in Bountiful

Today was a significant day.

One of those days you want to remember. 

I went to visit my grandma in Bountiful today. We sat and talked for a couple of hours. She told me these funny stories about her mother and growing up on the farm in Oklahoma.

When her mother, Tommy, was 7, she decided she wanted to fly.

So she took her mother's large black umbrella and climbed up to the second story of the barn...
and she jumped!

The umbrella turned inside out and she dropped to the ground and landed on a piece of glass. When her mother got home, she spanked her, then wrapped up her bloody foot.

I just love picturing my little great grandmother climbing up the ladder in the barn to try out her flying experiment.

While we were telling stories, I was able to sit at her feet and give her a little pedicure. What woman doesn't want a pedicure? After talking, she sent me home with bread, fruit, and cough drops.

On my way out of Bountiful, I stopped to visit the guys at Midas. They repaired my radiator in December, but they weren't able to finish installing the housing because of a missing part. They said they'd fix things and put in the last part for free. So I drove over and sat in the lobby and talked with one of the mechanics, Jay, while the other mechanic Brian worked on my car.

Jay and I talked about his spiritual views on God, Buddhism, his children, his marriages, his views on management, his new corvette, and he sang the praises of my step-dad Brent. (My dad is kind of a big deal in the automotive world.:)

When I got in my car, dear Brian had not only fixed the housing of the radiator--he fixed my heater!

I have heat in my car now!!

Today I am grateful for good stories and good mechanics.






2 comments:

Aili said...

Not to rain on your parade, but fixing your radiator probably fixed your heat. I had a truck that never got hot in the heater bit, and it had a terrible radiator problem. Fixing the radiator magically fixed the heat.

Eve said...

Perhaps when they fixed it last time, he broke it. Then fixed it this time.... hmmmm. pondering....