Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Civil Wars, Charity, Thinking

I am sitting at work listening to The Civil Wars sing on Spotify. I'm in this wonderful little zen place.

I'm back at the storage facility downtown.

During the holidays, I saw a mom and dad stay late to fill their car full of gifts to surprise a less fortunate neighbor family with for Christmas.

One day, a homeless man came in and donated a child's backpack to the Toys for Tots drive.

A woman brought her frail friend in and took care of getting her a storage unit for her things after she lost her home.

Another man came in with his brother and helped him to get a storage unit for him.

I need to get more work done. I have a lot to do, but I'm kind of stuck in this strange little holding pattern. It's probably the cold.

Today I'm grateful for The Civil Wars, examples of charity, and times where I get to take a moment to just think.

No comments: