Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Sledding/Careening

Today my  head is swimming. I've been juggling a lot of different thoughts, agendas, obligations, etc.

And I'm not always good at keeping my head above water.

But I learned a long time ago, that whether I was happy or sad, life just is.

So it does.

It happens all around me, all over me.

 I feel like I'm careening down a mountain on a sled.

I can think about the trees that are coming, the curves ahead, the cliff, the rocks...

Or I can sit up and enjoy the breeze and prepare to handle things as they come.

Today is about handling things. And sometimes I wish I didn't give myself quite so much to handle.

But really, truly, things are better.

As I slide over rocks and towards trees, I also have opportunities to share with amazing friends, listen to beautiful music, and enjoy my work.

One of the bright spots on my careening journey down today's mountain was seeing Liz for the first time in ages last night!

She is always lovely, but I love this pic of her and her husband Josh.



Liz is talented, smart, insightful, adventurous, beautiful, generous...

And my friend.

Today, I am grateful for Liz.
And the opportunities I have to zoom down this mountain of a day.

No comments: