Monday, January 7, 2013

Tattered Pictures.. la da da dee da dee dum...


My grandma gave me a bunch of photos last week. 

I decided it would be a good idea to scan them into the computer. 

I was fine through almost all the photos. 

Then this heavy weight of sadness just hit me. 

Without any warning, tears just started to fall. 

These pictures are all about 30 years old. 

Jack has been gone for almost 10 years now. 

Matt is living and working in Iowa.

And I'm here. 

But once upon a time, we were small and cute and together. 

I do not appear to be up to much good here. 


Jack is about to pull Matthew away in his new wagon. 
These two brothers were so close. 


We both love Matthew so much!

Apparently something was very funny.


We are warm little ghosts. And we made our own bags!

Everyone looks so bright and happy!


And I'm crying again. 

Today I am grateful that I didn't wear eye make up.
I am grateful to my grandma for saving these pics.
I am grateful for my parents for wrangling us
and teaching us how to have fun together.

I am grateful to look back and see smiles. 


6 comments:

CMS said...

Photos are treasures. I am so glad you have these. I am sorry, Eve. What beautiful bright, young faces you all had. Your parents did a great job. I am so sorry for the anguish. I suspect its agonizing to all of you, in different ways, and at different times to mourn Jack. You and Matt should do more singing together. I loved that post.

Eve said...

I love singing with Matthew too! He has such a great voice. I am good. If you recall the earlier post about crying--I generally only cry when I'm feeling good about life. So tears just mean that things are looking up enough that I have the emotional legroom to feel something.

RealAgentSRK said...

Beautiful Eve; I miss Jack.

RealAgentSRK said...

That was beautiful Eve. I miss Jack.

Eve said...

Thanks Scott! I checked out your blog. You're a great writer! I miss Jack too. I miss Matt too!

secretmom said...

Eve I am working on scanning some old photos to. Some of them are from the time mom (Ruth) and dad (John) started dating all the way up till we moved. Ill try and send you a few when I am all done.