Sunday, January 6, 2013

Comfort and Warmth

The snow is sticking.
My laundry soap is frozen in the car. I had to shake little bits of it out onto my clothes while I was at the laundromat the other day.
I found two bottles of frozen vegetable juice in my trunk that I'd forgotten about.
I feel like I'm in a real live winter tundra.
Everything is more romantic. Like Doctor Zhivago. 
I have never liked winter before, but this year, I'm okay with it.

I skipped Stake Conference today.
I thought about going, but yesterday I was exhausted.
I decided to just let today be what it is.
So I slept in.
At 1, I met up with some new friends to eat a tasty muffin at Mimi's.
It was a busy table.
Lots of conversation flying back and forth.
Good people.

I headed to the theatre and met with Tammy and Ben.
We talked about music for Charlie Brown.
We talked about theatre throughout the valley.
We talked about upcoming shows and the joy of creating worthwhile theatre.

I came home and chatted with Clarissa.
We exchanged stories about our weekend adventures.
We were animated, angry, giddy, hilarious and comfortable.

Now we're both relaxing on our respective couches.

Today I'm grateful for my comfort in uncomfortable times. Warm coats, warm friends, warm pursuits, and a warm couch. 

No comments: