Sunday, January 20, 2013

Lost in a Day

I set my alarm for 9:15am.
I woke up at 9:45am.
The alarm wasn't ringing.
I don't remember turning it off.

I said, "Good morning, self! It's Sunday morning! (It's not Sunday--even though the date on this will read Sunday--it's actually Saturday) It's Sunday morning! And I don't have to be anywhere until noon!"

I checked facebook and read my friend Corey's vow to get lots done this weekend and I thought,
"Silly Corey! It's Sunday! You should have thought of that yesterday!"
And I read some more stuff and posted about Les Mis....
And somewhere in that I realized it was Saturday.
And I had rehearsal...
And I needed to be there....

After rehearsal...
I decided that I would be very happy painting.
I decided that I would be so very happy painting.
So I painted. 
I felt like I was in craft hour in kindergarten.
I spray painted AND painted with a paint brush.
Go painting!

And now I'm sitting in my friend Heather's house watching movies and laughing.

Nothing about this day was planned.
Well, except rehearsal.
And that was just wonderful because You're a Good Man Charlie Brown is a beautiful play.
(Click on the link for more information on the show.)

I just kind of floated through the day with a big smile on my face.

Today I'm grateful for being able to lose myself in a day.
And for painting.
And Heather.

No comments: