Wednesday, May 29, 2013

More Pretty

It's opening week for Avenue Q! Visit www.midvaletheatre.com for more information--but call 801-566-0596 for your tickets!

I've kept myself busy every waking hour since Sunday.

But I promised pictures.

And friends, I have some gorgeous pictures.

On Memorial Day, I went with a dear friend up to Silver Lake.

The place was full of people who wanted get out and enjoy nature.

At the top of the mountain, it's still winter. We walked through patches of snow and enjoyed all the people. People were fishing, taking pictures, running down the paths.

The kids were cracking me up. When we first arrived, this young kid was trying to drag a wooden plank. I commented out loud, "Why take a rock home, when you can take a piece of wood?"

My favorite moment. A group of 3-5 year olds stopped in their tracks in front of a wet spot.

A little boy stood stopped in front of his friends, and said gravely, "This doesn't look good."

He kept trying to convince everyone that going left would be dangerous.

He dad, from about 10 feet back, kept saying, "Left."

The little boy repeated, "It doesn't look good."

We drove up a pass that goes through to Park City. It's normally closed, but it was open Monday.
 On Saturday, between call backs and rehearsal--I grabbed lunch at Zupas and took some pictures from 106 South looking up at the mountain. So I have pictures of the same mountain from the bottom, and from the top. Not a lot inbetween because I was driving--and because I was in heaven. Sometimes, you just need to be in the moment, rather than documenting the moment. 

The grass in the valley below.

And we look up to see...
What's this? A Canyon?

When you drive up this canyon--all the way to the top. You find Brighton Ski Resort, Silver Lake, and a lot of snow. 







This is the view of the valley on the other side of the mountain.
 
Today I am grateful for my camera that my dear brother Nick gave me. 
 
 






No comments: