Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Day in Iowa City






How do I adequately describe today? hmmmmm

I'm going to make a list of things we did today.

1) Wrapped and made 24 Valentine's Day mailboxes for Michael's kindergarten class.
2) Helped kindergartners decorate.
3) Sat in a random circle and let random little 5 year olds read with me.
4) During a 1 hour period: We went to the grocery store, ate lunch, made two powdered sugar bags worth of sugar cookie frosting, confirmed reservations for dinner, and had a fifteen minute break.
5) Decorated sugar cookies with 3rd and 4th graders, did a relay race with conversation hearts, and then taught the kiddos how to play statues.
6) Dyed Robin's hair. (I dyed mine last night.... See above picture for proof.)
7) Decorated more sugar cookies with all the boys.
8) Enjoyed a romantic dinner in downtown Iowa City at Atlas with my three favorite valentines.
9) Read stories to the boys, put them to bed, and now I'm trying to put this day into a few words so that I can attempt to remember this fabulous day in the future.

Today I am grateful for cute kids, frosting, Robin's awesome idea to dye the hair, and the ever beautiful Iowa City. (They have sweaters on the trees people.... This is a great city.)



No comments: