Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Silver Linings



I love this movie. 

I have avoided writing too much about this because I didn't want to influence friends' experiences with this movie, but my friend Carlos posted this video on his facebook page today. 

I watched all 7 minutes.

And I cried. 

One of my favorite moments in the interview is when the director, David O. Russell talks about why he chose to tell this story. He says:

"I have a son who has mood disorder....a son who at times when he was ten, eleven years old, told me that life was so hard that he didn't know if he wanted to keep going. I would do anything for him, and so I wanted a story that would help me feel like he's part of the world... It had romance and all this enchantment. Without the enchantment, you can't make it through the hard times."

"My son has grown my heart five times....I just want him to be happy and enjoy his life."

I love this movie. 

Today I am grateful for artists who love and who share their love with us in these intimate creations that teach us how to love and inspire us to allow our hearts to grow right along with theirs. 

I know many of you won't see this because it is rated R. 

I respect that.
But if you are a person who will sometimes choose to make an exception for a good movie...
This is that movie. 




No comments: