Friday, February 22, 2013

A Disturbance in the Force

Today I feel like poo.

There is a fire alarm that is beeping at me incessantly. I press silence. 5 minutes later it beeps again. I get up. Press a button. 5 minutes later it beeps again.

This has been going on all day.

I spent the morning watching security footage to see what was going on. Do you know how boring it is to watch security footage? So. Boring. I realize now that becoming a detective is not my calling anymore because after so long--I no longer care to solve the mystery that I need to solve.

I am in a foul mood.

I am tired.

And I am super pissy today.

Here's a gospel according to Eve sentiment.

When people make "mistakes" it is for one of two reasons:
1) Ignorance
2) Malice

In my opinion, I would prefer to keep company with people who own their propensity for malice, rather than feigning constant ignorance.

In other words, I'd rather be wicked than dumb.

Of course, with a name like Eve, did you really expect anything else? 

End of lecture.

Today I am grateful for my smart friends who can own their mistakes.

For those of you who are with Angie Perry's family today--please give my condolences. I haven't seen her since high school, but it just feels like there's a disturbance in the force. Perhaps that's why I feel so icky. It just feels so tragic. She is a beautiful person and I wish her family and friends comfort and some measure of peace.


No comments: