Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!


"No words in Christendom mean more to me than those spoken by the angel to the weeping Mary  Magdalene and the other Mary when, on the first day of the week, they approached the tomb to care for the body of their Lord. Spoke the angel: 

'Why seek ye the living among the dead?

He is not here, but is risen.'

Our Savior lived again. The most glorious, comforting, and reassuring of all events of human history had taken place--the victory over death. The pain and agony of Gethsemane and Calvary had been wiped away. The salvation of mankind had been secured. The Fall of Adam had been reclaimed. 

The empty tomb that first Easter morning was the answer to Job's question, 'If a man die, shall he live again?' To all within the sound of my voice, I declare, If a man die, he shall live again. We know, for we have the light of revealed truth. 

For since by man-came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 'For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.' I have read-and I believe-the testimonies of those who experienced the grief of Christ's Crucifixion and the joy of His Resurrection. I have read-and I believe-the testimonies of those in the New World who were visited by the same risen Lord. 

I believe the testimony of one who, in this dispensation, spoke with the Father and the Son in a grove now called sacred and who gave his life, sealing that testimony with his blood. Declared he:

'And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father.'

The darkness of death can always be dispelled by the light of revealed truth. 'I am the resurrection, and the life,' spoke the Master. 'Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you.' "

Pres. Thomas S. Monson


Today I am grateful for my Savior. 

No comments: