Sunday, March 3, 2013

Thinking

I am struggling to honor my goals this weekend.  I wish I could understand this urge I have to rebel against good things for myself.

I have done good things this weekend, but for some reason I've intentionally avoided meditation, scripture study, and prayer. I even stopped myself from blogging yesterday in an effort to continue my rebellion.

Tonight I feel strengthened by church. I came home and before I could undo myself with thoughts--I immediately began typing a letter to my brother in Sweden. And now, I'm blogging. I just have to stop thinking and just do. Less think. More do.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll think less about food, and just eat right.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll think less about exercise, and just get up and move.

As a man thinketh....

For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so...

My thoughts undo me.

This is why it's so important for me to read my scriptures and focus on creating thoughts that are uplifting and empowering.

Change your thoughts and you change your world....

Easier said than done.

I have faith in the power of words to change and empower. I must choose to allow that same empowerment into my heart and mind.

Today I am grateful for an opportunity to choose to care for my mind and soul.

No comments: